Extender Linksys – A Brief Introduction
Extender Linksys is well known for amplifying the range of wireless signals incoming from existing home or office router. In case you have a big house or huge workplace then the main router may not be able to fill the entire area with WiFi. As a result, internet cannot be accessed in everywhere you want. Such areas where you get no WiFi connectivity are known as dead zones or blind spots. The ultimate solution to get rid of this issue is to install Extender Linksys.
For Linksys Extender Setup, there is a need to access extender.linksys.com. All you have to do is simply launch an internet browser on a computer and navigate to the default Linksys WiFi extender login page. Type the username and password to log in. Once done, you can easily set up Linksys Extender. However, the extender must be connected to router to make the setup process a success. For this purpose, you should know about Linksys router WPS button and Linksys cloud account.
Linksys router WPS button makes it easy to connect the extender. WPS stands for WiFi Protected Setup. Just press the WPS button and make a reliable connection between the extender and router. After that, you can set up a Linksys Range Extender without any hassle.
Linksys cloud account is meant to access and manage all configurations of Linksys WiFi Router from any remote location. If you own Linksys WiFi Router and want to connect the extender with it, make sure to have a Cloud Account. After creating an account, active and associate it with your router.
Linksys Extender Login | http://extender.linksys.com
Fill in the login details i.e. username and password in the empty boxes. Once done, Linksys range extender setup page will open. From here, all basic as well as advanced settings like username, password, SSID, security settings and a lot more can be easily changed as per the needs. But sometimes, Linksys extender login page doesn’t open due to technical issues. In this case, clear the web browser cache, history and cookies and try again. If you still experience the same issue, call our certified experts at our toll-free number 1-844-726-2255. It will be our honor to help you out.
Troubleshooting Tips for extender.linksys Login Issues
When you access http://extender.linksys.com in the address bar, it shows an error message saying you are not connected to the extender network. Thus, you are unable to log in to extender.linksys web page. Follow the below-given troubleshooting tips to get rid of this annoying issue:
- Check the web address you have entered. Perhaps you misspelled the words or there are typos.
- Make sure the computer is connected to a fast internet network.
- Confirm that the cable connections are configured properly.
- Exit the browser window and try again.
- Use the latest version of internet browser as extender.linksys doesn’t work with outdated web browser.
- Delete the history of browser you are using.
- Keep checking the LED lights on extender. They should be visible throughout the linksys extender setup process.
- Use the default IP address for login.
- Enter the correct login credentials.
- Dial 1-844-726-2255 and take immediate help from our knowledgeable technicians. Ask them your queries and receive reliable solutions shortly.
How to Setup a Linksys Range Extender
Linksys WiFi Range Extender can be set up using the configuration CD or manual steps. A configuration CD comes with every model of Linksys Extender on the purchase. It includes detailed steps helping you install and configure the range extender for home or office. However, if you don’t have any CD then opt for the manual configuration. Here’s how to setup a Linksys range extender through manual configuration:
- Turn on the range extender carefully.
- Check the wall socket that it doesn’t have any damage.
- Wait for LED light to become visible.
- Power on the computer or laptop.
- Pull up a web browser of your choice and type in extender.linksys.com.
- Once done, press enter key.
- linksys extender setup will appear on the computer screen.
- Fill in the blank fields next to username and password.
- Click on Login button.
- A new screen will pop up.
- Select the manual option.
- Enter security settings for the extender.
After making all configurations carefully, click on Ok button. Thus, Extender Linksys can be set up. Now, you can access internet everywhere you want at home or office. If you get stuck at any step, feel free to give us a call on our toll-free 1-844-726-2255 and get all your issues resolved in a matter of minutes.
Change the WiFi Settings using Linksys Cloud Account
As mentioned earlier, a Linksys cloud account facilitates you to make the most of Linksys smart WiFi router. As soon as you set up the wireless router, you have to create a valid cloud account which must be activated and linked with the router. The account can be easily accessed through a supported web browser or using the Linksys app (for Android and iOS users only).
In case you don’t have a cloud account, create the one. For any help, you are always welcome to contact our experts at 1-844-726-2255.
So your extender Linksys has set up after following the installation steps mentioned in the previous section. Now, there is need to make the connection secure and unique. This can be done by changing the basic WiFi settings on your router.
And guess what? You can do so using the Linksys cloud account.
It is utterly important to make your home wireless network secure to prevent unauthorized access without your knowledge. But before going to make setting changes, here are a few things you must know:
- You can assign a WiFi name and password to secure your home or office network.
- Once you change the WiFi settings, all connected devices will get disconnected from the router. So you have to connect them again using the new settings.
- Access extender.linksys.com web address through only a compatible internet browser.
- The computer or laptop must be connected to a high-speed internet connection. Don’t ever use neighboring network connection for the setup or configuration process.
Let’s lay down the steps to change WiFi settings using a cloud account.
- Launch an internet browser of your choice.
- Log in to your cloud account using correct username and password.
- Click on the edit button.
- Type the desired WiFi name or SSID and password in given fields.
- Remember to save the changes before leaving the page.
And there you go! Besides, you can also change the channel width, security mode and network mode by accessing the cloud account within your local network or remotely. Doing so will also lessen the interferences to your WiFi connection.
Verify Connectivity with Linksys Router using Ping Command
After setting up the extender via http://extender.linksys.com, you should go for connectivity test to ensure successful setup. The Ping command is being used to perform this connectivity test with Linksys wireless router.
- Power on the computer correctly.
- On the start menu, head over to the search bar.
- Write the command prompt and press enter key gently.
- Type the ping command.
If you are getting replies, it means your router has passed the test. If not, reset the Linksys extender and start up the setup process from scratch. Or call our knowledgeable and skilled technicians at 1-844-726-2255.
The above-mentioned steps are used for Windows 8 PC. However, the steps can be varied depending on the operating system your computer is running.
Reset Linksys Extender to Default Settings
Extender Linksys is generally used with wireless internet gadgets such as computers, laptops and WiFi routers. The device is intended to amplify the range and coverage of existing network. In case you notice the extender is not working properly even after setting it up with Linksys router WPS button or web-based method, go for the reset process.
Resetting the extender will restore all its default factory settings thus, making it run as fast as new. You should go for the reset process if you experience any of the below mentioned scenarios:
- Intermittent wireless connection while using the extender.
- Unable to access Linksys extender login webpage.
- Manually setting up the extender after an unsuccessful attempt of utilizing the web-based setup page.
- The LED lights on extender are not visible even after doing a power-cycle.
Important Note: Prior to resetting the wireless extender, it is recommended to create a backup of the customized settings. If you do so, you would be able to restore them without reconfiguring the extender.
Here are the do-follow steps for Linksys extender reset process:
- Power on the range extender by plugging it into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure that the proper power is being supplied to the extender.
- Switch on a PC or laptop accurately.
- Open an internet browser onto it.
- Type extender.linksys.com in the address bar and press enter key.
- Click on reset option.
- Alternatively, you can also press the reset button on your extender.
- Reboot the extender to complete the reset process.
Fab! You have successfully reset the Linksys range extender. But in case you find any difficulty during the process like extender.linksys doesn’t open, feel free to call our expert technicians at 1-844-726-2255 and resolve all technical issues in a matter of seconds.