How to Setup a Linksys Range Extender
You can Setup Linksys WiFi extender by using the configuration CD or manual steps. A configuration CD comes with every model of Linksys extender on the purchase. It includes detailed steps helping you install and configure the range extender for home or office. However, if you don’t have any CD then opt for the manual configuration. Here’s how to setup a Linksys range extender through manual configuration:
- Turn on the range extender carefully.
- Check the wall socket that it doesn’t have any damage.
- Wait for LED light to become visible.
- Power on the computer or laptop.
- Pull up a web browser of your choice and type in extender.linksys.com.
- Once done, press enter key.
- The setup page will appear on the computer screen.
- Fill in the blank fields next to username and password.
- Click on login button.
- A new screen will pop up.
- Select the manual option.
- Enter security settings for the extender.
After making all configurations carefully, click on ok button. Thus, a Linksys wireless range extender can be set up. Now, you can access internet everywhere you want at home or office. If you get stuck at any step, feel free to give us a call on our toll-free 1-844-726-2255 and get all your issues resolved in a matter of minutes.
Tips for Successful Linksys Extender Setup
In case you want to get rid of dead zones or poor connectivity areas from your house or workplace, the only solution is to switch to a Linksys WiFi range extender. There is no second thought to the fact that a Linksys router provides you with great WiFi connectivity; however, it is not powerful enough to spread a speedy internet connection to every nook and cranny of your home or office. Therefore, perform Linksys extender setup process right away to permanently resolve this issue.
In order to make successful extender setup, here are some essential tips you should consider:
- Be certain to access an active internet connection throughout the setup process.
- Make use of damage-free and cuts-less Ethernet cable.
- Beware of using open WiFi or neighboring networks for setup.
- The web browser you are using must be updated to the latest version.
- Connect the antennas of extender in an appropriate manner.
- Utilize the up-to-date or latest version of extender firmware.
Amazing Features of Linksys Range Extenders
As discussed above, Linksys wireless range extenders are well known for amplifying the range of wireless signals incoming from existing home or office router. In case you have a big house or huge workplace then the main router may not be able to fill the entire area with WiFi. As a result, internet cannot be accessed to everywhere you want. Such areas where you get no WiFi connectivity are known as dead zones or blind spots. The ultimate solution to get rid of this issue is to install extender Linksys. The latest models of Linksys repeaters come with external antennas for wider range. With the beamforming technology, the signal transfers only to a particular smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer for fast internet connection.
Furthermore, if you own a dual-band extender, the device browsing the internet or sending emails will get signals from 2.4GHz while the device playing online games or streaming videos will get signals from 5GHz. Also, the setup process is very easy. For the setup, there is need to access its login page. All you have to do is simply launch an internet browser on a computer and navigate to the default login page. Type the username and password to log in. Once done, you can easily set up the extender. However, the extender must be connected to router to make the setup process a success.
How to Access Linksys WiFi Extender Setup Page
Linksys extender login is one of the essential steps to get started with the setup process. In the case of Linksys repeaters, there are two ways to open the login page. You can either use web address or IP address. Simply open a browser on your computer to get to the setup page. But make sure that the computer is connected to extender either wirelessly or using a cable.
Fill in the login details i.e. username and password in the empty boxes. Once done, the setup page will open. From here, all basic as well as advanced settings like username, password, SSID, security settings and a lot more can be easily changed as per the needs. But sometimes, the login page doesn’t open due to technical issues. In this case, go to the next section given below which includes various troubleshooting tips to get rid of this issue.
Troubleshooting Tips for Login Issues
When you enter the web address in the URL bar, it shows an error message saying you are not connected to the extender network. Thus, you are unable to log into your extender. Follow the below-given troubleshooting tips to resolve this annoying issue:
- Check the web address you have entered. Perhaps you misspelled the words or there are typos.
- Make sure the computer is connected to a fast internet network.
- Confirm that the cable connections are configured properly.
- Exit the browser window and try again.
- Use the latest version of internet browser as the web address doesn’t work with the outdated web browser.
- Delete the history of browser you are using.
- Keep checking the LED lights on extender. They should be visible throughout the Linksys setup process.
- Use the default IP address for login.
- Enter the correct login credentials.
- Dial 1-844-726-2255 and take immediate help from our knowledgeable technicians. Ask them your queries and receive reliable solutions shortly.
Steps to Connect Linksys WiFi Extender
When you setup a Linksys range extender, you need to connect it to the home or office wireless network, router and computer. Only after making these connections with your extender, you can make it up and running properly. Once done with the setup, you will get the amplified wireless range and coverage all over the house or workplace. WiFi extenders are able to deliver the wireless signals to a location where you get no connectivity due to walls, corners, floors and other furniture issues. The latest Linksys extenders even come with external antennas for better performance. They also come embedded with beamforming technology to provide you with superior signal strength. All these features can be easily accessed after connecting the Linksys extender.
Connect Linksys Extender to the WiFi Network
First things first, know about the main reason behind this issue. Most of the time, it arises when
- The WiFi network doesn’t work
- Your web administrations are having issues with ISP
- Your username and passphrase are invalid
- You mistyped the web address in URL bar
The issue may also happen if your device is running on the outdated firmware version. Due to any one of these reasons, extender.linksys.com not working for you.
Connect the Extender to Computer
Connect Linksys WiFi Extender to Router
In order to connect the extender to an existing access point or router, use WiFi Protected Setup or WPS method. You can either utilize the physical WPS button on your device or access the web-based page.
Using the WPS Button
Press the WPS button on your extender. After that, press and hold the Linksys router WPS button. If there is a blinking WPS light, it means the configuration process has been started. The solid green LED light signifies the completion of configuration process between the extender and router. In case of a non-configured extender, pressing the WPS button will allow it to pair with the current access point or WiFi router. But if the extender has already configured, pressing the WPS button will enable it to pair with WiFi devices such as wireless laptops.
Web-based WPS Button
Go to Linksys router login page to access the web-based WPS button. After logging in, you will get three options: WiFi Protected Setup button, WPS PIN and Client’s PIN. The first option requires you to press the WPS button on your client device. In case your client device includes a WPS PIN, select the second option and enter the PIN. On the other hand, the third option asks you to enter the router’s PIN. You can choose any option to get the job done. That’s it! Your extender has been connected to the network, computer and router. For further assistance, contact our experts at 1-844-726-2255.
Verify Connectivity using Ping Command
After connecting to Linksys extender setup- xxx network, you should go for connectivity test to ensure successful setup. The Ping command is being used to perform this connectivity test after Linksys Smart WiFi Setup for your Linksys wireless router.
Follow the instructions listed below to perform a connectivity test:
- Power on the computer correctly.
- On the start menu, head over to the search bar.
- Write the command prompt and press enter key gently.
- Type the ping command.
If you are getting replies, it means your router has passed the speed test. If not, reset the Linksys extender and start up the setup process from scratch.
The above-mentioned steps are used for Windows 8 PC. However, the steps can be varied depending on the operating system your computer is running.
Reset Linksys Extender to Default Settings
A Linksys extender is generally used with wireless internet gadgets such as computers, laptops and WiFi routers. The device is intended to amplify the range and coverage of existing network. In case you notice the extender is not working properly even after setting it up with Linksys router WPS button or web-based method, go for the reset process.
Resetting the extender will restore all its default factory settings thus, making it run as fast as new. You should go for the Linksys extender reset process if you experience any of the below-mentioned scenarios:
- Intermittent wireless connection while using the extender.
- Unable to access the login web page.
- Manually setting up the extender after an unsuccessful attempt of utilizing the web-based setup page.
- The LED lights on extender are not visible even after doing a power-cycle.
Important Note: Prior to resetting the wireless extender, it is recommended to create a backup of the customized settings. If you do so, you would be able to restore them without re-configuring the extender.
Here are the do-follow steps for the reset process:
- Power on the range extender by plugging it into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure that the proper power is being supplied to the extender.
- Switch on a PC or laptop accurately.
- Open an internet browser onto it.
- Type web-based address or IP address and press enter key.
- Click on reset option.
- Alternatively, you can also press the reset button on your extender.
- Reboot the extender to complete the reset process.
Fab! You have successfully reset the Linksys range extender. But in case you find any difficulty during the process, feel free to call our expert technicians at 1-844-726-2255 and resolve all technical issues in a matter of seconds.
Change the WiFi Settings using Linksys Cloud Account
A Linksys cloud account facilitates you to make the most of Linksys smart WiFi router. As soon as you set up the wireless router using Linksys Smart WiFi Setup, you have to create a valid cloud account which must be activated and linked with the router. The account can be easily accessed through a supported web browser or using the Linksys app (for Android and iOS users only).
In case you don’t have a cloud account, create the one. For any help, you are always welcome to contact our experts at 1-844-726-2255.
So your Linksys extender has set up after following the installation steps mentioned above on this page. Now, there is need to make the connection secure and unique. This can be done by changing the basic WiFi settings on your router via the default Linksys router login page.
And guess what? You can do so using the Linksys cloud account.
It is utterly important to make your home wireless network secure to prevent unauthorized access without your knowledge.
But before going to make setting changes, here are a few things you must know:
- You can assign a WiFi name and password to secure your home or office network.
- Once you change the WiFi settings, all connected devices will get disconnected from the router. So you have to connect them again using the new settings.
- Access the Linksys web address through only a compatible internet browser.
- The computer or laptop must be connected to a high-speed internet connection. Don’t ever use neighboring network connection for the setup or configuration process.
- Let’s lay down the steps to change WiFi settings using a cloud account.
- Launch an internet browser of your choice.
- Log in to your cloud account using correct username and password.
- Click on the edit button.
- Type the desired WiFi name or SSID and password in given fields.
- Remember to save the changes before leaving the page.
And there you go! Besides, you can also change the channel width, security mode and network mode by accessing the cloud account within your local network or remotely. Doing so will also lessen the interference to your WiFi connection.