Extender Linksys – A Brief Introduction
Extender Linksys is a networking device which provides powerful connectivity throughout the house or workplace – even in remote areas. Linksys WiFi range extender detects wireless signals from the existing router and expands it all over the home or office. What’s unique in the Linksys repeater is that it uses an exclusive Spot Finder Technology to help you find the best placement for your device.
How to Choose the Perfect Extender Linksys
You can choose any extender according to your requirements. For example, Linksys RE6700 AC1200 AMPLIFY Dual-Band WiFi Extender is capable enough to extend the reach of wireless router up to 10,000 square feet whereas Linksys RE6350 AC1200 Dual-Band Extender is ideal for uninterrupted live streaming and gaming.
Things to Know before Setting up Linksys Extender
Setup Guide for Linksys Extender
Linksys Range Extenders can be set up in two modes: Extender Mode and Access Point Mode. When working in Extender Mode, they can be easily changed to Access Point Mode and vice versa.
Range Extender Mode enables the extender to amplify wireless signals without any requirement of messy cables. On the other hand, Access Point Mode will provide you with superior WiFi speeds by reducing interferences.
Set up Linksys WiFi Extender in Extender Mode
Prior to getting started with Linksys extender setup process, check for the following things:
- An active internet connection.
- Network name and password.
- Extender should be turned on.
QUICK TIP: The network name and password can be found in security settings. For complete instructions on how to check security settings, take help from our experienced technicians at 1-844-726-2255.
Once you are done with the aforementioned things, follow the steps given below to set up a Linksys device:
- Open a browser and type extender.linksys.com in the address bar.
- You can also use 192.168.1.1 to access the extender setup page.
- Click on setup a range extender button.
- Select the WiFi range extender option and click on next button.
- Type your WiFi password to continue.
- Secure your network by entering security settings like admin password.
- Finally, click on save settings button.
- Reboot your extender once.
And that’s it. Your Linksys extender has been set up as an extender. Place it anywhere you want and start using internet in a hassle-free manner.
Set up a Linksys WiFi Extender in Access Point Mode
In order to set up your extender as an Access Point (AP), there is need to connect the extender to router or switch with the help of a cable. After that, configure its settings for the setup. Below are the instructions to install and configure your Linksys extender in Access Point Mode:
- Plug in the extender to a wall socket.
- Connect the extender using an Ethernet cable.
- Launch an internet browser and go to its default web address.
- The extender login page will appear.
- Select the access point mode and click on next button.
- Find the network to extend and hit next.
- Enter security settings as per the needs.
- The next prompt will allow you to register your Linksys extender.