Linksys Wireless-N range extender allows you repeat the wireless signal of an existing access point or WiFi router to provide uninterrupted internet connectivity in hard to reach areas (known as blind spots or dead zones) through a wireless or wired connection.
This post will guide you on how to setup a Linksys range extender manually.
Prior to you begin with anything, ensure that you have done the following:
Identify the wireless settings of an access point or a router that are:
- Wireless network name (SSID).
- Wireless Channel.
- Wireless Password.
Learn how to change or check your wireless network’s settings making use of Linksys cloud account, follow the steps below.
- First of all, access the Linksys cloud account. If you don’t have an account, create it.
- Under ‘router settings’, click on the option ‘WiFi Settings’.
- Click on ‘Edit’ option that is situated just beside ‘WiFi Settings’ option under the ‘Basic’ tab.
- In the fields provided enter your preferred WiFi name password.
- Click ‘Apply’ and after that, ‘OK’ to save the settings.
If you facing issues in accessing or creating the cloud account, then allow us to do the favor for you to make you rid of all the annoying problems, issues, and troubles. Just dial a toll-free number 1-844-726-2255 and forget about your worries and tensions.
Reset your Linksys WiFi Range Extender
Hold the reset button that is located at the top panel of your Linksys device for a few seconds. When the power LED lights on your device start blinking, release the button.
Note: Make sure to place your Linksys range extender within the reach of existing WiFi router.
- After that, connect your computer or a laptop to the ‘Ethernet port’ of your Linksys range making use of well-maintained Ethernet cable.
- Plug in your Linksys WiFi range extender and make sure that the LED lights on your device are stable.
- Launch a web browser,then enter http://extender.linksys.com into the address bar field. You can also go with router’s IP Address i.e. ‘192.168.1.1’.
Also, note it down that if your client device (computer or a laptop) has defined a default startup web page on your internet browser, then the dialog box asking for a username and password (default login credentials) will appear automatically.
- Now, you will be prompted with a new window asking for a username and password (default). Fill them carefully and click on ‘Log In’.
- Now, click on ‘Wireless’ after that, ‘Basic Wireless Settings’ and set the ‘radio’ button to ‘Manual’. Once done enter your router’s SSID (Network Name).
- Next, on the ‘Wireless Security’ section, you have to select a unique ‘security settings’ that match your main router’s configuration perfectly. Enter the ‘Passphrase’ or ‘WEP’ Key and after that, click on ‘Save Settings’ options.
- Unplug all the conencted power cables of your main WiFi router and the Linksys WiFi range extender for about a few seconds.
- Plug in your main router first. Wait for all the LED lights on your router to become stable. Once they are stable, plug in your Linksys wireless range extender.
What is WEP Key?
WEP stands for Wired Equivalent Privacy. It is a kind of ‘security passcode’ for WiFi-enabled or networking devices. On the other hand, it enables a group of devices on a local area network to exchange encrypted (process of converting data or information into a code) messages.
Some Beneficial Tips
- Place your Linksys device closer to the router.
- Also, your router should be placed closer to the modem.
- Update all the devices with the latest version of technology frequently.
- Make use of the Linksys router WPS button to set up your device.
- Do have a set of new Ethernet cables handy with you. On the other hand, also keep paper clip, pin or any thin object with you to reset your Linksys smart WiFi range extender.
- Choose the best place to locate your smart networking devices. The spot must be neat, clean, and dry and away from interference-creating obstructions like microwave, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, and automatic door alarms.
- Make sure that you have typed the correct URL and login details (username and password) to access Linksys range extender login page.
- For more information, visit extender.linksys.
For more troubleshooting tips, give us the honor to help you.